More brick-and-mortar business owners are looking into taking advantage of the internet to increase their customer base, yet many are not fully using all the internet has to offer. Over the past two years I’ve met weekly with all types of business owners, from farmers to life insurance agents and everything in between, and there’s one thing that comes up in every meeting and that’s “how do I use the internet to increase my customer base”?
So, what does your business need to fully utilize all the internet has to offer? Let’s start with the basics:
- Domain Name- the very foundation of your online existence starts with your domain name
- Website – my favorite is WordPress due to its simplicity and no-cost template offers. Plus, you can customize a no-cost website template which means no money spent on a web designer until you’re ready!
- Newsletter- Aweber and MailChimp are great ezine providers.
- Social Networking Accounts -Facebook, Twitter,Pinterest, Google +, and Youtube
Once you have your website ‘live’, you’ll need to add content, such as: Pages and Posts, letting your customers know who you are, where to find and what you have to offer them.
Page ideas include:
- Contact/Request more information
- Meet our team/Board Members/Staff
- Map (Google Map)
Post ideas may include:
- How your services/products help your customers
- What to expect when you visit our (specific location)
- Showcase each month’s special, giving more details on the item that is currently on sale
Need help with getting your website online and marketed? Contact Stephanie and schedule a 10 minute consultation, today!
Stephanie has over 6 years experience helping business owners increase their customer base, speaking engagements, interviews and social brand awareness. My business is to increase your business!